Want to know how to reduce body fat and keep it off - it's all about keeping it simple and manageable. Here are 5 easy tips on how to reduce body fat
1. Don't measure your progress against someone else's - it can make you feel discouraged and unmotivated, even if you're doing well. The key to reaching your fat loss goal is to focus on yourself instead of comparing numbers.
2. Get More Sleep - Don't cheat on sleep. Research has discovered that people who deprived themselves of sleep were 60 percent more likely to be over-weight than those who managed a minimum of 8 hours sleep. The main reason is - tired people eat more, and the more hours you're awake, the more you'll eat.
3. Get Real - Don't set unrealistic goals from the start. You can't expect to shed 10 pounds in a week - it's like training for a marathon from scratch one day and expect to run it the next. The best way to achieve your ultimate goal is to set a series of smaller, progressive goals, and reward yourself for achieving each one. Slow and steady is always the healthiest, and the most effective approach.
4. Prepare Yourself - When it comes to fat loss, draw up 2 list of pros and cons - one for your proposed change in lifestyle and the other for staying as you are. For example, one advantage is that trying something different is good for your self-esteem. And ask yourself, 'Do the pluses outweigh the minuses?'. By working out the sums, it will make a clearer path in your head but more importantly make it easier for you to take action.
5. Be Aware of Trans Fat - We need healthy fat in our diet, but this is the worst kind of fat you should avoid. Trans fat is mainly found in liquid vegetable oils, and is used in spreads like margarine and cooking fats for deep frying and shortening for baking. Studies show that it increases the risk of coronary heart disease and diabetes, raises the bad cholesterol levels whilst lowering the good cholesterol, and increases your body fat.
The key point to remember is, change your lifestyle habits, eat to live and workout for sweat - now this is how to reduce body fat and keep it off.